Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Catching up

Hello everyone! Sorry I have been so bad about updating my blog. So much has been going on! I have been totally consumed with getting our Vacation Bible School craft stuff done for our church, as well as re-writing policies for one of our committees, filling in for our pianist for 2 weeks, and having this as my month for the counting committee - whew - I'm surprised I survived it all! At least I'm on the downhill side of it now - and that was all just stuff for my church. I also have been planning my daughter's birthday party, attempting to keep my house clean, getting Kaylee through the end of the school year (awards ceremonies, parties, etc.), planning our 10th anniversary trip to Las Vegas (I can't wait), teaching classes at The Scrapbook Pad and preparing new classes, teaching a class for my neighbor's ladies group, and trying to find time to get my kits made for the website that goes live July 1st!!!! It's all very exciting - just a lot to handle all at once, but isn't that the way it always happens :) It keeps me on my toes - that's for sure!

I have to say a HUGE thanks to everyone who made my birthday so special! I had one of the best birthdays ever!!!! Amanda and Cindy took me to Olive Garden for dinner, then we went to The Scrapbook Pad, and Amanda and Cindy had decorated the table, ordered the most adorable cake in my favorite colors (with flowers :), and even sang to me!! I had some very precious people stop by to see me - thanks Heather, Joni, and Bobbie - it was soooo sweet of you to take time out of your schedules to come by - it meant a lot to me!! And thank you to everyone for the great gifts!!! It was all so unexpected and very much appreciated!! I just can't tell you how much that day meant!! I also have to say thanks to my dear friend, Lori. She was going to be out of town on the day we celebrated, so she took me out for a wonderful lunch earlier in the week. I so enjoyed her company (as usual) and loved the "birthday survival kit" (for those of you who aren't up on what that contains - it's coca cola, chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate!)I will never forget when I turned 35!!!

Well, I'm off to bed now - it's 12:30 in the morning here and I'm getting pretty tired. I'll try to do better with keeping up with my blog. I'll try to post some new photos in the very near future.

Take care and LOL,
Paula

2 comments:

Amanda Dykan said...

Whew!!! It makes me tired just reading what all you've been doing! But, I'm right there with ya' girlie... I can't wait for things to settle down so we can PLAY!!

Hugs,
Amanda

Cindy Freeman said...

I'm glad you survived! Hope I get to see you Friday!

Love Ya, Cindy