Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Thanks for the support!

Hello everyone! I want to take a quick moment to tell you all thank you so much for your support and kind words after my disappointment last week. It was so nice to hear that I have people who love my designs and after I got through the emotions of it, I realized that designs are very subjective to what people's styles and tastes are, as well as what they are scrapbooking at the time. So maybe what I designed didn't fit with what the ScrapOrchard was looking for, but that's ok and I'm going to keep doing my best for the people that enjoy and like my style of kits. It's always hard to handle rejection, but I know I need to grow a thicker skin and realize that in order to succeed, you have to fail some along the way, and that it just helps make you better and stronger. I will always try to vary my designs to encompass as many people's sytles as possible, and hope that I will continue to do well. I just wanted to say thank you because the encouragement was very much needed and appreciated!!!

I am very much looking forward to my retreat this weekend and my birthday on Friday. Oh - and I'll let a little secret out of the bag - I'm going to be having a contest for my birthday where you get the present. I am going to post more about it on Friday am, so be sure to check back - but basically - it will have something to do with finding something on my blog and posting it to win a kit from me - hehe!! I think it will be fun - so the count down til Friday begins - yippee!!!

Oh and 1 other thing - a little birdie told me that I might be getting a new blog for my b-day - and I'm so excited - so if you want the freebies on my blog here, be sure to download them because after I set up my new blog, they won't be available anymore. I will be putting up new ones on my new blog soon and will try to continue to do that as much as I can. I just wanted to give you all the heads up so you can go grab them if you would like to. :) The ones on here have now been made into larger kits that are available for sale at my stores except for the Summer Stroll one, but that is the one I'm working on now and it should be up at my stores next week. Happy downloading!! ;)

I'm off now to make cards and hopefully finish this book before I leave on my retreat - that will be a great gift in itself to have the relief of having finished a project! I love doing them, but it's always nice to have that feeling of accomplishment when you are finished - kwim? Well - I hope you all have a great Wednesday and Thursday and I'll be back on Friday for my b-day post! :)

~til Friday,
Paula

2 comments:

RealRach said...

I won't be around much the rest of the week/weekend...so am taking the time NOW to wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Today is my 14th Wedding Anniversary and I am spending it alone with just my boys! LOL Hubby is gone out of town. Figures!

KajunKJ said...

Happy Birdie Day to you!

I think that my favorite LO is the Applebee's birthday page...love all those pictures!