Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Getting Dirty Can Pay Off - hehe

Well, the weekend went by much too fast, as I knew it would while Lori was here.  We had a fabulous time shopping, then working in the yard, then shopping, then working in the yard, then shopping - I think you get the idea from here - tee hee hee.  When it was all said and done, we were covered in dirt head to toe each day and those showers were a welcome sight.  Then we sat down each evening - and that was it - too exhausted to move.  We did however manage to make it to bed both nights, moaning and groaning all the way - me more than Lori.  She's like Superwoman!

I love my yard now, though.  We accomplished more than I ever dreamed we could in one weekend.  We made a big flower bed around my front tree - one that we can use as a bench and sit on while we watch the kids ride their bikes.  We also cleaned up the front bed a little and added some seasonal flowers for color.  Then we potted some pretty plants for around my porch.  Now, if I just had some decent grass on the lawn, I'd be in business - hehe.  We also worked like mad in the back yard.  We planted 2 banana trees on either side of my swing and made beds around the bottom of them.  We made a new bed around my Crape Myrtle tree, and made a raised garden bed where we planted Squash, Cherry Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Banana Peppers, and Blackberries.  I can't wait to actually get to pick something and eat it - whoo hoo.  We also cleaned up the area on top of my retaining wall and have it ready to plant some things next weekend.  I have a few pics for you to see what we did.  :)


While we were working in the front yard, Zachary decided to build with the bricks that were in the backyard.  It was like big heavy legos to him - he was loving it.  Here's his masterpiece - hehe.


Tomorrow I'm off to the Vera Bradly event in Southlake and I can't wait.  I know we're going to have a blast.  We get to eat lunch at the Cheesecake Factory, which will be a special treat.  A big girls day - I'm so excited!!! 

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week and enjoying the nice weather.  I know my kids were out playing with water guns in the back yard this afternoon and just having a great time.  Have a fantastic rest of the week!

~til next time,
Paula 

No comments: