Thursday, March 25, 2010

Getting Ready to Get Dirty. :)

Hey everyone!  I just got back from my Stampin' Up workshop and we had a blast.  I enjoyed the company and jokes, wonderful cupcakes from Nita, and the fun and "stinkin" cute bunny baskets we made.  Thanks so much to Cherie for allowing me to have the workshop at Scrapper's Boutique and to Joni for all your hard work in putting those fabulous kits and instructions together - you did AWESOME!!  Also thanks to Nita for making those "to die for" cupcakes -hehe.  I think we even got Rose hooked - rofl!  I appreciate everyone who came and I hope you all had as wonderful a time as I did.  We have decided to leave the show open until Sunday afternoon for orders, so if you want to get an order in during the last of the "sale-a-bration" sale, get in touch with myself or Joni. 

I have to tell you about the camping trip we went on as a family with one of my BFF's (Cindy) and her kids.  We had such a good time and it was so great to get away from everything.  I left all the stress behind (as best I could - lol) and just enjoyed nature.  We roasted marshmallows, well . . . everyone except Zachary.  He put them on the stick - then caught them on fire and watched them blow up.  Evidentally he found this quite amusing because by the end of it all, I think there were more marshmallows in the fire than logs.  :)  The next day Robby took the kids out fishing and they all caught at least one.  Brandon caught the biggest, and I think they all had a great time.  We then got to go eat at my favorite Catfish place.  The next day, we went for a hike and of course I took a TON of photos.  I can't wait to look at them all and then post some here for you.  Hopefully they turned out as well and I think they did.  After that, the kids were a bit hot, so we told them they could take their shoes and socks off and get into the water up to their ankles.  Well . . . they then talked us into going up to their knees and before we knew it - they were completely in the water - clothes and all.  Zachary was so funny - he came running out of the water yelling "Mama!!  Mama!!"  When he got up to me, I asked what was wrong, but I could clearly see that the weight of the water in his pants was pulling them down.  He proceeded to come up to me and break out into song, and not just any song - imagine a 5 year old at this moment starting to sing "pants on the ground, pants on the ground" from American Idol!!  We were all laughing hysterically - seriously, where does he come up with all this stuff???

Now I'm looking very forward to a visit from another one of my BFF's, Lori, who moved to Abilene.  I have missed her so much and she is coming in town to help me work in my yard this weekend.  We have big plans to put in a flower bed around my tree in the front yard, and to fix up the little bit of yard in front of my back fence, but on top of the rock retaining wall.  Why they put an area there that has to be mowed or made into a flower bed it beyond me.  You can't hardly reach it, but if you don't do something with it - it looks horrible.  Not so smart planning by the home builders if you ask me - but I guess they didn't ask me - rofl.  I know we'll have a lot of fun and I'll have wonderful reminders of her all in my yard now.  I just can't wait to see her and catch up with her while we dig in the dirt - hehe. 

That's pretty much everything that's going on here.  I hope this week finds you all doing fabulous!  Have a wonderful weekend and I hope to have some camping and planting pics for you soon.  :)
~til next time,
Paula

No comments: