Monday, June 21, 2010

I've been crocheting and a prayer request

Hi all!  I hope you are having a great start to summer.  I've been spending quite a bit of time with my kiddos at the neighborhood pool and crocheting some cute photo props and baby stuff.  I've also been working on a new digi kit that I hope to have done in the near future.  ;) 

I want to tell you about my dear friend, Joni, and what she has been going through.  She has just recently found out that she has a serious infection in her knee that she had replaced a few years ago, and the infection is more than likely in her hip as well.  She will be going in for surgery on Thursday and I would like to ask that everyone pray for her that the surgery will go well enough that she won't have to have more surgery, and that she will have an easy recovery (as easy as possible anyway).  I have made her a prayer shawl that I will be taking to her on Tuesday, so Joni - if you read this - you'll know what's coming - hehe.  Anyway, I recently found out about these and think they are a great thing.  If you have not heard about them, it is a crocheted or knitted shawl/blanket that someone makes for another person who might be going through a rough time or illness.  The maker of the blanket prays for the recipient while making it and it is supposed to bring comfort to that person and let them know that they are cared for and being prayed for.  If this is something you might be interested in doing, Lion Brand yarns has some free patterns on their website.  All you have to do is register on their site - it is free also - then you can have access to these and many more free patterns.  Here is the one I made:
 
As I mentioned earlier - I have also been crocheting some photo props.  I'm hoping one day to open an etsy store to sell them and some of the other crafts that Kaylee and I make.  We're working on finding a name for our shop - so if you have any ideas - I would love to hear them.  :)  We are wanting a name that will show that we do all sorts of crafts and maybe even that we are a Mother/Daughter team.  Ok - back to the props - hehe (I get easily distracted - squirrel!!! - rofl) anyway - here are some photos of the props that I have made so far:

Well, tonight my and Robby's 13th anniversary.  We are planning to go out to eat, and possibly to a movie.  The movie we want to see really bad, Grown Ups, isn't out yet - bummer!  But at least we'll get a little time by ourselves at dinner.  Speaking of that - I'd better run and get ready.  Have a great rest of the week!

~til next time,
Paula

1 comment:

KajunKJ said...

Love the crocheted items! I am sending prayers for Jonie...give her a comforting hug for me!