Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Columbus Day!

Hello again!

I hope you all had a wonderful Columbus Day.  The kiddos were out of school today and we went to pick up some Nestabilities that were on sale at Hobby Lobby, then we went to McDonald's to eat.  Zachary was looking forward to playing in the playplace, but as soon as he went to play, several older kids came in and started rough housing in the play structure.  I'm going to sound off now -hehe.  It just really aggravates me that parents will allow kids (such as these kids) that were probably between 10 and 14 years old to go into playplaces that are obviously made for younger children, especially when there are little kids trying to play.  There were even a set of rules posted with age requirements and these kids were much older than the allowed ages.  It was just so disappointing to Zachary, so then we went to the park, and he and Kaylee played for a while.  They had fun, it was just starting to rain and so humid, so they didn't get to play long.  All in all though, we had a good day. 

I also had the privilege today of voting for the Super Scrappers contest at Daisy Trail.  There were so many fabulous entries and it was so hard.  I can't wait to see who the final winner will be.   

After I got the kids to bed, I took photographs for you of the purse that I made.  This is the one I was mentioning in the previous posts, and the one that Tim Holtz signed.  :)  It uses a lot of grunge paper with alchol inks and distress inks as well as rock candy and stickles.  On the wings, I painted the pieces with white acrylic paint, then put them through the cuttlebug embossing folder.  Then I rubbed metallic gold paint over the whole piece with my finger making sure to get it into the grooves.  I used my finger so the metallic paint would be thin.  Once the paint dried, I sanded the raised embossed parts and painted the entire piece with rock candy distress crackle paint.  Then I painted over the raised embossed parts with star dust stickles.  Once it all dries, you get this fabulous effect.





I have also entered a card contest at The Cat's Pajamas.  They are another fabulous company that I was able to take classes from at the trade show.  I was able to meet Alma, the owner, as well as her friend, Kim, from My Favorite Things.  They are such nice ladies and they both are fabulous artists.  On my card I used one of the word stamps to make the background paper, "Let's Eat" and I used the 3D glue dots to make the hat and food "pop" off the page.  The other papers are Bazzil cardstock and Cosmo Cricket's fall line.  Here is my card that I entered:



That's all I have for today.  Have a wonderful evening!
~til next time,
Paula

No comments: