Thursday, February 25, 2010

Painting the Roses Red . . .

That's what we've been singing a lot around here.  Kaylee's music/art teacher applied for, and received a grant for a 4th and 5th grade musical this year.  It's the full length Disney musical "Alice in Wonderland".  I just have to brag about Ms. Jackson, the music teacher, for a minute. She is just awesome and we are so lucky to be at a school where she teaches. She goes way above and beyond what is expected and has really made the music and art program at Remington Point something all the kids love to participate in.  

The reason we are singing here in the Phillips house is because Kaylee tried out and got the lead part!!!  I am so excited for her and proud!  She will be the "medium Alice", which is the everyday Alice.  There are 2 other Alices - one for when she shrinks and one for when she gets bigger.  I just can't believe it.  Kaylee has her work cut out for her though.  We got the script today and it's almost 1 inch thick and Kaylee has a part on nearly every page -hehe.  I know she can do it.  She already has all the songs memorized.  Can you tell I'm so proud??  hehe.

Now I have to brag on Zachary for a bit too.  :)  For Valentine's Day, he wrote his own name on ALL of his valentines!!  Not only is that an accomplishment because he learned all the letters and how to write them, but he actually sat still and wrote his name on all 19 of them.  He would also want me to brag about the fact that he has made it to world 9 on Super Mario and set 2 records for sprinting on Mario and Sonic Olympic games - hehe.  He is so good at the Wii and Nintendo DS games - it just amazes me.  But hey - I get in on the fun sometimes too - I set the new world record for pole vaulting - ROFL!!! 

Other than that, I've just been working on new class stuff and a new digital kit.  For the next Crazy Daisies class, we will be learning to make Periwinkles, and my new digital kit is going to be called "Lovebirds" - at least I think that's what I'm going to call it.  Now I'm off to grab a late - VERY late dinner and try to wind down for bed, so . . .

~til next time,
Paula 

No comments: