Sunday, September 6, 2009

Fun Classes and Crop

It's Labor Day weekend, and we aren't really doing much, but I had a great day yesterday. The first Junior Scrappers Club class went great and I was so happy to see how creative the boys and girls were. I love that they aren't afraid to let their creativity show through. Even though they all did basically the same layouts - they all turned out looking different and fabulous. I am looking forward to the next class already! If you have someone that is still interested, you can still sign up. It's not too late. The next class is October 10th from 10:00 AM to Noon and we'll be decorating the cover of our albums and doing 2 more pages.

The Intro To Cards Class was a lot of fun too. Everyone did a wonderful job on their cards and we laughed and just had an all around great time.

Then I stayed and cropped and just really enjoyed having an entire day to spend visiting, laughing, and being creative. I have to brag on Robby now. :) He really started my day off great when he surprised me by having all of my bags of supplies loaded into my Jeep when I came downstairs to leave.

Today, Kaylee and I worked together to make some more items for her shelf at the Scrappers Boutique. I don't know if I've mentioned it yet or not, but Kaylee is saving up to be able to buy her very own toy poodle. She wants a dog of her own so badly, and she made an agreement with Robby that if she saved the money to buy the dog and pay for the stuff it needed as well as the puppy shots, that she could get one. So she saved all of her money from her birthday earlier this summer, and has rented a shelf at Cherie's shop to sell paper piecings and little gifts. She's almost 1/3 of the way to having the money she needs. I'm very proud of her for sticking with it and working hard to keep the shelf stocked with things to sell. She makes pretty much everything herself, but sometimes we enjoy working on them together, like we did today. We're working on some new things for gift giving around the holidays, so if you go by the shop, be sure to check out her creations. :)

On a different note, I want to thank everyone for their well wishes and prayers for our dog, Hercules. He's doing well on the medications. Even the vet was surprised by how well he was doing given the condition of his heart and all. We're just very thankful and making sure to enjoy every minute that we have with him.

I'm off to bed now. I hope you all have a fun and safe Labor Day!!
~til next time,
Paula

No comments: