Thursday, September 24, 2009

Upcoming Class Sample Photos

Hello and Happy Thursday!  I have to just tell you that I am LOVING this cooler weather.  Especially since it has stopped raining.  My kids are able to go play outside and it's just so nice! 

Today I went to the Scrapper's Boutique and took photos of my class samples so that I can show them to you.  The photos and class info are below:

(I don't have all the info or photos for the Mum Flower Canvas Class yet - but I do know that I will be having 2 of these classes.  One on Saturday, October 17th from 10:15AM to 1:15PM, and one on Tuesday evening, October 20th, from 6:00 to 9:00PM.  I am just waiting on the punches to be delivered so that I can create the "actual" class sample.  You can see a very similar example of what we will be making at the shop.  If you are interested and would like to have first chance at signing up, please contact Cherie to have her add your name to the list.  Everyone who takes the class will have the opportunity to pre-order the punches used in that class at a 20% discount.  That way you will have your very own puches to use at the class and take home with you.  Only pre-orders will be eligible for the discount.)

Junior Scrappers Club – Class 2 (Monthly class) $20
Adults and Ages 8 and up
Saturday, October 10th, 10:15AM to 12:15 PM

This month we will be decorating the cover of our albums. We will also be making a 2 page layout. The layout theme is great for any type of photos. You could use sports photos, photos of friends, or anything you would like.  If you missed the first class, but would still like to join - please feel free to sign up.  You can either just pick up where we are, or I can try to get together kits for you from the first class.

Photos you will need to bring:
One 5x7 horizontal photo for the cover of your album
Two 4x6 photos for the 2 page layout

Students need to bring the following supplies:
12” paper trimmer
Ruler
Pencil with eraser
Tape runner or your favorite adhesive
Black pen
Pen to coordinate with the colors on your album cover
All supplies that you purchased as part of your starter kit (album, 2 yards of ribbon, cardstock, printed paper, thicker sticker letters, and page refills)






Trick or Treat Tag Book $18
Adults and Ages 8 and up
Tuesday, October 13th, 6:30 to 8:30 PM

Come join in on the fun with this adorable fold up tag book. This is a great way to send photos of your children in their Halloween costumes to family members or as a keepsake for yourself. We will be using the Doodlebug “Trick or Treat” papers and stickers while we learn to make this mini book from cardstock.  This would be a great "Mom and Me" project.  Don’t miss this fun and affordable class!

Students will need to bring to the class:
12” paper trimmer
Scissors
Tape runner or favorite adhesive
1/8” wide tacky tape
Ruler
Bone Folder (if you have one)






Be sure you don't forget about the Haunted House Chipboard Album Class.  The photos are in a previous post.  It is a great album packed full of stuff and techniques.  We will be using grunge paper, acrylic sheets, rub-ons, felt stickers, and much more.  It is on Tuesday evening, October 27th from 6:30 to 9:00 PM and is $35.  This includes everything except your basics and adhesives (see list below for adhesives and things you would need to bring.)

I also would like to share a project with you that I did using the left over papers and other stuff from my stash for a contest.  It is a recycled box project, and I used an old NutriGrain Bar box to make this purse.  This was a lot of fun.  The contest is for a site called Creatively Green - here is the link: http://creativelygreen.ning.com/
The contest is under the Challenges section.  The deadline isn't until October 10th - so feel free to make something and join in the fun!  Here's my project:
 
 

 
I probably won't be able to blog again until I get back from my trip this weekend.  I'm so excited.  I ordered cupcakes from Nita King, Cherie's Mom, to take with us.  Ever since I ate one of her cupcakes at a crop at Scrapper's Boutique - I have been hooked.  They seriously are the best cupcakes I have ever eaten in my life!!  So - I just had to order some to take with me.  I hope that you all have a very fun weekend and I'll blog all about mine when I get back!!
 
~til next time,
Paula

No comments: