Friday, April 20, 2007

Life's ups and downs

Unfortunately, I have to share some sad news today about my friend, Amanda. In my last post, I had told you that she had received a guest designer spot on Plain Digital Wrapper, but they have decided to withdraw her spot for reasons that I do not understand. She had done some brushes that were inspired by some Paper Salon stamps, and had gone through the proper channels to get the required autorization to use them for inspiration, had made the required changes to them, and even had all of this in writing. However, Plain Digital Wrapper said someone wrote them stating the images looked like Paper Salon images, and even with all of her documentation showing that she had permission, they still could not have her as a guest designer on their site, even if she pulled the kits that pertained the images in question. To make matters even worse, Paper Salon is now pulling their authorization that they previously gave to her in writing because even though they own the images, the original artist complained. (To me this makes no sense. If the artist sold the images, that artist should no longer have any say in anything that pertains to them.) To make a long story short, Amanda is just trying to put all of this behind her and look forward to her own site being out there. She is handling it better than I think I could. I feel that both Plain Digital Wrapper and Paper Salon are totally wrong in what they are doing, but Amanda doesn't want to make a huge issue of this, and I respect her for that. If you guys have a chance, please go to Amanda's blog and write her a little note of support. The link is on my blog.

In other news and on a brighter note, Cindy got her computer up and running and didn't loose her photos and pages- thank goodness!! In fact, when they got everything fixed, she even has more hard drive space than she had before it crashed. Our prayers were answered!!

All three of us are cropping tonight and we all need the time out. There will probably be a lot of venting going on at our table tonight -hehe!! Just kidding - we're going to have a great time and keep everything very positive. This is all part of life's up and downs, and I'm just glad that we have such a great circle of friends to support us when we're down and cheer for us when we're up. With that, I'm going to go make myself presentable to the world for the crop tonight.

'Til next time,
Paula

1 comment:

Amanda Dykan said...

Awwww....thank you for the note. It's all good! No worries. It was all a simple misunderstanding... and remember the old saying, "When God closes a door, somehow he opens a window". And, He did! The new store is up and running. Thank you for the support. I don't know what I would do without you there to pick me up.

Hugs,
Amanda